We all know a little about this important topic. For our syllabus we must be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the carbon cycle? What are the main processes involved in it and how are they connected? The Carbon Cycle
- What changes have taken place in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels over the past century? Biology – Carbon Dioxide Level – Chenille & Hori
- What gases contribute to the greenhouse effect?
- What is the relationship between the levels of these gases and the enhanced greenhouse effect? GREENHOUSE GASES
- What is the precautionary principle?
- Is the precautionary principle valid when dealing with the greenhouse effect?
- What are the potential consequences of global warming on arctic ecosystems?