You need to get your head around this. Gas Exchange The effect of exercise on heart and lungs And here’s a great presentation to help.
- Define partial pressure.
- Explain the oxygen dissociation curves of adult hemoglobin, fetal hemoglobin and myoglobin.
- Describe how carbon dioxide is carried by the blood. [Include action of carbonic anhydrase, chloride shift, and plasma proteins]
- Explain the role of the Bohr shift in the supply of oxygen to respiring tissues.
- Explain how and why ventilation rate varies with exercise.
- Outline the possible causes of asthma and its effects on the gas exchange system.
- Explain the problem of gas exchange at high altitudes and the way the body acclimatizes.