The last section on this option before we find out how much you’ve learned. REMINDER – test on THURS 1st MARCH on all of OPTION E.
Here’s what we need to cover in this last section of Option E.
- Honey bees are social organisms. Describe the organization of a bee colony – who does what. Find one other example of such social organization and describe it. Bio E6 Q1 bee pres
- What is the role of natural selection in colonies like this? alessandra_bianca_gio_natural selection How natural selection may act at the level
- Give 2 non-human examples of altruistic behaviour and discuss in terms of evolution. E6 altruisitc examples
- What is foraging? Bluegill fish forage for Daphnia. Find one other example, and explain how this type of behaviour optimizes food intake. Foraging Behavior- Foraging
- Peacocks have pretty fancy tail feathers. Why have they evolved this way? Explain in terms of mate selection Group 5 Alisa Yurie Pratik. Q5 Evolution of exagerrated traits
- Animals show rhythmical variations in activity. Outline 2 examples illustrating this. Eg, seasonal reproductive behaviour in deer. G6 Dan, Anna, Ashild Biology Powerpoint
Here’s a very useful slideshare presentation on this section.