No – it’s not a picture of a sunflower. Look closely!
Here is what we will cover in the core material.
- Draw and label diagrams of adult male and female reproductive systems.
- How do hormones control the menstrual cycle? (Link to Endocrine system)
- Relate hormonal changes to thickening of uterine lining, ovulation and menstruation.
- What are the roles of testosterone in males?
- Explain the process of IVF and discuss the ethical issues associated with it.
Higher level material in this presentation. We need to learn the details of spermatogenesis and oogenesis. Your textbooks are pretty good on this as well, so read the relevant chapters. We’ll get into the processes of fertilization, pregnancy and childbirth.