the world of water by Snap(R) on flickr
Here is the syllabus outline for Topic 3, and also Topics 7 and 8 since they are extensions of Topic 3. Topic 3,7,8 – syllabus outline
The first section has to do with chemical elements and water.
- What are the most frequently occurring chemical elements in living things?
- Why are calcium, sulfur, phosphorus, sodium and iron needed by plants, animals or prokaryotes?
- What does a water molecule look like?
- What are the thermal, cohesive and solvent properties of water?
- How do these properties relate to water’s use in living organisms as a coolant, medium for metabolic reactions and transport medium?
Try this webquest (thanks Mr Hobbins) to help you cover these points: Water Web quest
This presentation might help, and so might this answer scheme! Water Web quest MScheme
ToK link: Some people have claimed that water has memory. Others say this is pseudoscience. Do some reading and make up your own minds!